HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in
Share | 

Day of Defeat Tips and Tricks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mullen [5th RB]
Corporal, E-5.

PostSubject: Day of Defeat Tips and Tricks   Tue May 24, 2016 8:15 am

Welcome to the Tips and Tricks page of the 5th Ranger Battalion.

On this page I invite you to share different things you have picked up over the years for newer and even old player to better their game. It doesnt matter how big or small the advice is — if you find it makes a difference in the way you play, we'd love to hear it!

Head Up and Keep Fighting
Jack Mullen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humphreys [5th RB]
Captain, O-3.

PostSubject: Re: Day of Defeat Tips and Tricks   Tue May 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Type into console hud_fastswitch 1. It makes it much more faster to scroll through weapons.

While using the Axis K98k rifle, instead of watching the reloading animation, it's quicker to quickly double-tap the Q key to switch to the previously used weapon and again to equip the rifle, this skips the reloading cycle and you're ready to fire again immediately.

When using the BAR you'll notice it packs a punch, it has a lot of recoil, and the STG44 more so. I use both weapons by firing bursts of three rounds at a time, not only does it make it easier to handle the recoil, it's enough to mow down an enemy.

Countering recoil is a skill that you'll learn to control over time, my suggestion is to set your mouse sensitivity as high as possible, mine is set to 20. It will take a lot of getting used to, but when you're use to it you'll never have it set to any lower. Looking around, aiming and counting recoil becomes much faster and easier. I learned how to counter recoil by running around with the .30 CAL and MG42 machine gun unmounted, once you've got that mastered, every other weapon will seem like it has no kick at all.

Captain Martin Humphreys.
Company Commanding Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion,
Fox Company Headquarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Day of Defeat Tips and Tricks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5th RB Realism Unit | Forums :: Civilian Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: