HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in
Share | 

Public Guests Meet and Greet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:46

Hello guests! Welcome to our forums. Tell us about yourself!

Second Lieutenant Tyler Payne.
Executive Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company Headquarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: Re: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Wed Feb 17 2016, 15:53

Hey Jbo!

You have such a rich realism history man.. I really enjoyed reading through it. It reminded me a lot of my own experience while in CoD2 tactical realism. I can really relate with what you said about the leadership back then too.. I strive every single day to emulate how they led! I actually started off playing stock cod2 and eventually fell into a realism server that was modded out with "wrm - Wolfeburn's Realism Mod".

Anyways, my first realism unit 11 years ago was called the 6th Fallschirmjäger Regiment. {FjR.6}. I can also remember my first BCT as a recruit in the unit. Like you said, back then, you EARNED your membership in realism units. They were not handed out. As a 14 year old, I was very fortunate to make it into their older mature community. The unit Hauptmann (Captain) was about 60 years old at the time and an avid WW2 German Rein-actor.

We are very fortunate to have the members we currently do within the 5th RB. 2Lt. Humphreys is the epitome of "realism leadership" today that I looked up to back when I was a new realism player. If there's any unit that has the "old school" realism perspective and desire, it's the 5th. I feel like the LT and I talk about those days on a daily basis!!

Thanks for sharing again JBo! I really look forward to chatting more with you! I completely understand when it comes to balancing real life and gaming. Fortunately, the 5th has the option for it's members to submit LOAs and there's only an hour a week requirement for attending drills. Other than that, everyone has their own time contribution that is appropriate to their own schedules.

Glad you stopped by! "Second to None!" "Treue um Treue!" "Rangers Lead the Way!"

Executive Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
English [5th RB]
Honorably Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Sun May 29 2016, 20:23

Damn I can't believe this place is still alive and kickin'.

I "enlisted" in the 5th RB way back in 2007? 2008? Can't believe it has been that long. Back in the glory days of DoD:S. We had 50-70+ active members daily. Had over 100 people in the Battalion. 2 Full companies and building a third. I did virtually everything under the sun for the BN at some point. Intelligence, Training, Command. I saw us go from a platoon size group to a legitimate full 2 companies. Participated in campaigns against the 506 PIR, 6th RB, some of the Infantry Division groups.

Cheers to all, maybe I'll pop on your server and shoot a couple rounds

English

EDIT: For Shits and Giggles I dug up my last signature from 5th RB that I could find. this is circa 2010

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: Re: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Sun May 29 2016, 21:27

Hey English! Yeah, Humphreys has been keeping the unit going over the past half year now. You'll definitely have to stop by the server sometime for a realism or two... or maybe even a re-enlistment! Hah.. Very nice of you to stop by!

Executive Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humphreys [5th RB]
Captain, O-3.

PostSubject: Re: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Mon May 30 2016, 02:07

Welcome back to the 5th Ranger Battalion, David! It's great to see you again. We're doing very well, I couldn't stand not having the routine of being in a realism unit in my life so I decided to get the unit back on track. In the future we will be having to take a look at new frontlines as I know many realism units will be looking to play on the latest version of Day of Defeat: Source. We will be spending some time taking an in-depth look at Days of War, making sure it would be the best option for us to transfer the unit. But who knows, that's still a while away yet.

Looking forward to seeing you in the server and around the forums! Feel free to post anything around here from the good old days.

*Salute*

Captain Martin Humphreys.
Company Commanding Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T. Mubarak [3rd MAR]

PostSubject: Hello from the 3rd Marines   Tue Jan 10 2017, 15:17

Hi there!

I'm from the 3rd Marines. Looking forward to working with you guys in DoW!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: Re: Public Guests Meet and Greet.   Tue Jan 10 2017, 15:23

T. Mubarak wrote:
Hi there!

I'm from the 3rd Marines. Looking forward to working with you guys in DoW!

Welcome my friend! Looking forward to working with you guys as well.

Executive Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Public Guests Meet and Greet.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5th RB Realism Unit | Forums :: Civilian Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: