HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in
Share | 

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

PostSubject: Travel   Thu Jan 07 2016, 23:33

I want to travel around in the upcoming years. Some of the places I want to travel for sure is Germany, France, and the UK. But I'm interested in seeing as many cultures and the history of different countries. My little brother wants us to learn to play some music so we can play where we travel. I will be learning the Baritone Sax as soon as I can afford one and he will be learning to play the Trumpet. So I wanted to start this thread to discuss places you have traveled and where you want to go.

Places I want to go: Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Egypt, and Norway. I feel the histories of these nations are something I'm really interested in.

Places I've been:(Mostly Military Related haha) Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia, Singapore and Mexico.

Go ahead, ask me how a place was or why I chose some of the places I chose (Hint: Historically what do these countries have in common)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esek [5th RB]
Reservist.

PostSubject: Re: Travel   Thu Jan 07 2016, 23:39

What do you find interesting about Norway? My cousin lives up there.

Private, First Class Gabriel Esek.
Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: Travel   Fri Jan 08 2016, 00:17

Esek [5th RB] wrote:
What do you find interesting about Norway? My cousin lives up there.

During World War II the amount of resistance from the average citizen was awesome, Hearing stories of men and women in Norway smuggling people out of Norway leading them to Sweden or the UK. The amount of newsletters and leaflets printed were amazing too. Plus the history between Norway and the United Kingdom I followed a little bit and would like to learn more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esek [5th RB]
Reservist.

PostSubject: Re: Travel   Fri Jan 08 2016, 01:22

Yeah, I think I've heard something about Norway citizen being very resistant during WW2. I see Egypt on your list too, I really like the history of the country and the region. How about you?

Private, First Class Gabriel Esek.
Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: Travel   Fri Jan 08 2016, 01:42

Egypt has been a HOT bed of history, from Ancient times to even today with the Arab Spring. No matter where I look there, I'm bound to see something that will be exciting to me haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne [5th RB]
First Sergeant, E-1.

PostSubject: Re: Travel   Sat Jan 16 2016, 04:06

I would also like to visit all of the countries you listed above.  It's almost impossible to take a step in those countries without being immersed in rich history.  There are layers upon layers of history in those countries.

First Sergeant Tyler Payne.
Company SNCO.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company Headquarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Travel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5th RB - Forums :: Civilian Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: