HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in
Share | 

Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Esek [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

PostSubject: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Mon Dec 21 2015, 17:50

What did you guys think of the new Star Wars movie? Question obviously for those who have seen it :D.
Please, no spoiler, respect others!

Private, First Class Gabriel Esek.
Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gleason [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Mon Dec 28 2015, 21:13

I finally was able to go out and see the movie over the weekend. I'm not really a star wars fan but I wanted to see it. I really liked it even though some parts were a little boring. Hopefully the next movie will be just as good.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Tue Dec 29 2015, 08:23

Well, I am sort of a SW fan and I was fairly disappointed. Just so many "what the heck?!" moments that didn't make any sense to me. Poor storyline also.
I'm giving 6 out of 10 stars.

Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gleason [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Tue Dec 29 2015, 11:22

There needs to be a thread where we can discuss the movie/plot/theories. I have some opinions on it and theories about whats going to happen. Like I said I'm not a star wars fan but after seeing this movie I did a lot of looking things up to connect some dots.

I give the movie a 8/10. I like how some parts of the movie had the same film style like the original trilogy.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Tue Dec 29 2015, 17:41

Being a big fan, and having read practically all the EU for the timeperiod, id have to score the movie around 5/10. really didnt live up to what was already laid out, and nothing against the originals, but it seemed far too episode 4-ey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Wed Dec 30 2015, 08:14

I have a feeling that if it wasn't for the old saga actors and characters (Ford, Hammill, etc.) this movie would've been a huge fail. Honestly, that was the only reason I went to see it (plus I met Mr. Ford several times in person, so I'm a fan of his. lol)
I mean really, the story is basically nothing. No surprises, nothing original. Flat.
Abrams did an excellent job with the Star Trek reboot, but the Star Wars not so much.
They should've left the SW universe as is. Making extra 3 movies is totally unnecessary.

Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Sat Jan 02 2016, 08:26

I haven't seen the movie yet. My wife and I were planning on watching it eventually but after reading through these comments I don't think it would be worth our time.. Lol. I'm not that big of a fan anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?   Sat Jan 02 2016, 11:21

Yeah, if you're not a fan, just wait for the DVD or Blu-ray. Not worth it in the cinemas, unless you have free tickets lol.

Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
Reserve Platoon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Star Wars VII thoughts, what did you think?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5th RB Realism Unit | Forums :: Civilian Section :: General Discussion-
Jump to: