HomeMemberlistRegisterLog in
Share | 

05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Payne [5th RB]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

PostSubject: 05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.   Sun Feb 05 2017, 13:59

Hey all!  This is an after action review for the realism event held today.  For the new candidates, AARs are used to plan and improve on future training and events through constructive feedback.  Everyone please be mindful that this event was created to expose everyone to what realism may feel like in DoW.  Comments MUST be constructive, not destructive.  Thank you!

5th Ranger Battalion Battle Roster:  

1Lt. Humphreys        
F/Sgt. Payne          
S/Sgt. Sinclair        
T/4. Thornton          
Sgt. Keiser          
HPfc. Laurenzo      
Pfc. Ponzu            
Pfc. Pham          

Cdt. Danny
Cdt. Kingsbury
Cdt. Hinton
Cdt. Geoken

Please respond in this format.  (Please provide at least 1 sustain and 1 improve.)

Team: (please note either 1Lt. Humphreys or FSgt. Switz's team)

Sustains:
1.)
2.)

Improves:
1.)
2.)

Second Lieutenant Tyler Payne.
Executive Officer.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company Headquarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Switz [3rd MAR]

PostSubject: Re: 05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.   Sun Feb 05 2017, 14:56

I wanted to come by and thank all who showed up and the GREAT leadership presented during the event.  In total, we had 41 viewers who watched the event on our twitch streams and they got a great first taste of DODS Classic Realism mode and how communication in these types of matches occur.  

I believe we have definitely left an impression on them.  The matches where kept very fast paced given this was all of ours first realism match.  Even surprised me how fast paced we where able to keep it.  

Some of the things I noticed where the mid lines need to be moved back on Carentan.  The focus instead should not draw the line at a choke point so for example, the balcony worked great, but the apartments on the side of main street where too OP.  And we really messed up with the center house by letting CP defend the stair case.  I think a few more realisms on it like the one we just did will eventually determine a good midline for Carentan.  

I think for next time, do not look at the map as North side and South Side, but instead launch and defend using East and West.  This would eliminate many of the choke points.  

As for stuff I noticed.  My Section 1, German attack failed to check their corners and got hit from behind by LCpl Roark in the Pharmacy.  

Section 1, while moving on Objective 1 on Allied Attack took major casualties attacking through factory.  More emphasis on slowing down approach was needed.  

Section 2, Allied defense who was holding middle house stood their ground, but no communication was made regarding what should occur if their position was overrun.  

Communication breakdown from Section 2 not reporting Objective 2 was taken in first allied attack. This lead to Section 2 attacking Objective 3 without support from Section 1 who where still being suppressed at the balcony.

All in all, the main things I saw that could improve is explaining fall back procedures if hey positions are overrun and the other (which can be said after any realism) - CHECK THOSE CORNERS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hinton [5th RB]
Private, E-7.

PostSubject: Reply   Sun Feb 05 2017, 15:02

Team: 1Lt. Humphreys

Sustains:
1.) Was really fun!
2.)

Improves:
1.) Don't like rocket class , doesn't really fit the realism theme .
2.)Think have a building or a truck to defend would be a good idea , I understand that we don't have another game type at the moment
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
A. Switz [3rd MAR]

PostSubject: Re: 05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.   Sun Feb 05 2017, 16:32

Also, we have a video recording from our side

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119959262

Plan of attack begins at 37:00

The match begins at the 45:00 mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gibbs [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

PostSubject: Re: 05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.   Sun Feb 05 2017, 17:23

The Lt. sent me out on a medical supply run during the event. He made me miss the whole damn thing!

Private, First Class Benjamin Gibbs.
Rifleman.

Fifth Ranger Battalion.
Fox Company,
First Platoon, First Squad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danny [5th App]
Applicant.

PostSubject: Sustains and Improvements   Wed Feb 15 2017, 16:41

Sustains:
1.) Was great fun
2.) both teams performed well in the realism role-play

Improves:
1.) Now with the new American sniper house on the map should make a game mode where players can only be snipers with the goal to seek out and kill the other team.
2.) Rocket launchers simply don't fit the environment and though I didn't see them really do much for future events they shouldn't be used for example if the enemy team have a stronghold in a building it can easily be destroyed in 1 shot by a rocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

05 FEB 2017 - Realism Event After Action Review.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
5th RB Realism Unit | Forums :: Civilian Section :: Days of War Section :: Days of War Realism Community-
Jump to: